UX DESIGN | PRODUCT DESIGN | SPEAKING
I'm a Lead UX Designer with experience in iOS and Android design as well as responsive web. I work closely with creatives, clients, and developers and am able to facilitate/lead workshops and projects as well as mentor/guide juniors and creatives. I enjoy conducting user testing. I've spoken at out-of-state conferences. 7-8 years experience. MBA, Management concentration as well as Bachelors of Science in Advertising.
My background in web design/development and curiosity about people led me into the wonderful world of user experience design, and I've never looked back. UX is the kind of field that attracts the askers, the observers; those full of wonder. Why was this placed here? Where could we move this? What is that person thinking? I'm a voracious reader with a penchant for self-improvement. One should never stop reading, exploring, and asking why.
I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor's degree in Advertising, a McCombs Business Foundations certificate, experience in the Bridging Disciplines Digital Arts & Media program, and three internships under my belt. After undergrad I went to work for VML, a global digital agency headquartered in Kansas City, that merged with Y&R to become VMLY&R. They acquired formerly named Rockfish Digital in Dallas, where I relocated. Along the way, I attended Rockhurst University for grad school, where I graduated with a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in Management. I then went on to work at Prophet Springbox. Afterwards, I moved from agency side to client at Cox Automotive Inc, a tech enterprise company. Recently, I started a new adventure working at Victoria’s Secret & Co.
When I am not designing, you can find me practicing yoga, exploring new restaurants in the city, experimenting with interior decorating, and geeking out on American literature and language (ask me about my favorite t.s. eliot poem!).
Contact me here, or reach out via social media:
• Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Management
• Cannes Shortlist (06/2016) (Digital Craft) - Overall Functional Design
Client: Ford Credit
• Cannes Shortlist (06/2016) (Mobile Lions): App as a Product/Service
Client: Ford Credit
• Acquia Engage Awards: Best Digital Experience (10/2017) Client: Tennessee Tourism
• Selected as 2017 ADCOLOR® FUTURE
• ADCOLOR® Hackathon (sponsored by Apple) presenter/speaker (09/2017) in Los Angeles, CA
• Speaker at Detroit.Code() 2017 Developer Conference (07/2017)
- You Are Not Your User
- How to Talk to Designers (to Get them to Finally Understand!)
• Regular speaker at agency's Tech Taco Tuesdays, started an Android initiative with a presentation on Android Material design, and have spoken at out-of-state conferences
Agencies I've worked for:
Springbox, a Prophet company; VMLY&R; Somnio Solutions; FCB Chicago; Enviromedia
Where I've worked in-house:
Victorias Secret & Co., Cox Automotive Inc. (part of Cox Enterprises)
Portfolio of Brands I've worked with:
Victoria's Secret & Co., Cox Auto Inc., The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, Schneider Electric, Kuraray, Ford, Ford Credit, Spire Gas, Boerhinger Ingelheim, Tennessee Tourism, U-Pack, Metro by T-Mobile, Lonza, Hope House, Gatorade, Office Depot, Freddie Mac, Purdy by Sherwin-Williams, Cox Communications, Aidell's, Jack Daniels, Valspar